With its warm year-round weather and a pandemic-fueled explosion of outdoor dining patios to enjoy it, it’s no surprise that San Diego is a brunch-lover’s paradise. Now a new survey proves the point.
On Thursday morning, the crowd-sourced ratings website Yelp.com releases its 2022 list of the top 100 brunch spots in California, and 19 of the restaurants are in San Diego County.
To create the list, Yelp studied the total number of brunch-related reviews the restaurants received along with the star rating on those reviews, among other factors.
The highest-ranked San Diego County restaurant is Cesarina, the pasta-centric Italian restaurant in Point Loma, which came in at No. 5 on the list. But in the No. 2 position is Great Maple in Newport Beach. San Diego resident Johnny Rivera launched the Great Maple chain in Hillcrest in 2013 and later expanded the chain to Orange County. Filling out the top five slots are Lapisara Eatery in San Francisco in first place, Toast Kitchen & Bakery in Costa Mesa (no relation to Toasted Gastropub in Carlsbad) at No. 3, and The Wild Chive in Long Beach at No. 4.
Here are all the San Diego County restaurants that made the Yelp list and their ranking:
5. Cesarina, Point Loma
22. Sugar and Scribe, La Jolla
23. Werewolf, Gaslamp Quarter
28. Old Town Tequila Factory, Old Town
33. Cove House, La Jolla
34. Local Tap House & Kitchen, Oceanside
35. Cocina de Barrio, Hillcrest
38. The Hills Pub, La Mesa
53. Shorehouse Kitchen, Carlsbad
55. Beach Plum Kitchen, Carlsbad
56. Farmer’s Table, Bay Park
58. Kindred, South Park
63. Common Stock, Hillcrest
69. Dunedin New Zealand Eats, North Park
74. The Cottage, La Jolla
79. Half Door Brewing, East Village
80. Trust, Hillcrest
90. Queenstown Public House, Little Italy
96. Parc Bistro-Brasserie, Bankers Hill